BSc, Chemistry, University of Athens, 1973
PhD Chemical Engineering, Nat. Techn. University, 1988
Properties of nickel electrodeposits in relation to their microstructure. Mechanical (e.g. hardness), electrochemical (e.g. efficiency , corrosion) , optical (e.g. diffuse reflectance) and other physicochemical properties (e.g. adsorption , wave length shift of liquid crystals) have been established to be related to the fiber axis of nickel electrodeposits as well as their general micro structural morphology. Applications of the above properties (e.g. black nickel) are being examined.
Laser melting treatment by overlapping passes of preheated nickel electrodeposited coatings on a Al-Si alloy as well as thick chromium electrodeposits on a brass substrate has ameliorated significantly their mechanical properties and their microstructural homogeneity. Unknown binary phases have been also detected in the molten pool and the diffusion zones.
- Th. Skoulikidis, S. Polymenis, Α. Kostoudi: "Correlation Between the Fiber Texture of Nickel Electrodeposits as Supports and the Reflected Light Band from Cholesteric Liquid Crystals", Molecular Crystals and Liquid Crystals, 1988, Vol. 158 Β, p. 197-207.
- Α. Houndri, S. Polymenis, Υ. Chryssoulakis and D. Pantelis: "Laser Melting Treatment by Overlapping Passes of Preheated Nickel Electrodeposited Coatings οn Αl-Si Alloy", Metallurgical Transactions, Ι992, Vol. 23Α-Νο6, p. 1801-1806.
- Ρ. Psyllaki, S. Polymenis, Υ. Chryssoulakis and D. Pantelis: "Laser-Melting Treatment of Thick Chromium Electrodeposits οn Brass Substrate", Plating and Surface Finishing, 1993, Vol. 80, Νο.1, p. 57-61.
- S.A. Polymenis: "Current Εfficiency and Hardness of Nickel Electrodeposits Related to their Fiber Texture", Compt. Rend. Journιes d' Electrochimie, Dijon (France), 1-4 Juin, 1987, p. 7-26.
- S.A. Polymenis: "Optical Properties of Nickel Electrodeposits Related to their Fiber Texture", Compt. Rend. Journιes d' Electrochimie, Montpellier (France), 29 Mai- 1 Juin, 1989, p. 8-13.
- S.A. Polymenis: Comparaison de l' Adsorption et de la Corrosion des Dιpτts Electrolytiques du Nickel selon leur axe de Texture. Cοmpt. Rend. Journιes d? Electrochimie 99, Toulouse (France), 1-4 Juin 1999 p. 10-13.