Ph.D. candidate in Biotechnology
National Technical University of Athens (NTUA)
School of Chemical Engineering
Ph.D. Thesis: Biotechnological utilization of lignocellulosic biomass for the production of lactic acid and energy.
Master Diploma in "Agriculture, Plant Breeding and Agricultural Experimentation"
Agricultural University of Athens, A.U.A.
Master Thesis: "Genetic transformation in Nicotiana benthamiana sp. with genes of phytopathogenic bacteria"
Diploma in Agriculture of Agricultural University of Athens, A.U.A.
Department: Plant Production Science
Specialty: Agriculture and Plant Breeding
Diploma Thesis: "Evaluation of methods of genetic transformation in tomato and soybean plants"
Graduate of «Moraitis School» in Palaio Psychiko, Athens
Greek: Native language
English: First Certificate in English, Lower, Cambridge
Certificate of Proficiency in English, University of Michigan
German: Goethe-Zertifikat B1, B2 &C1
Italian: Celi 2-B1, Celi 3-B2
• 2018 – present: Scholarship for postgraduate studies by the State Scholarship's Foundation (ΙΚΥ), through the program "Development of human resources, education and lifelong learning”, Greece
• 2012: 1st place of graduation of the Department of Plant Production in the total of 152 students
5/2012 and 11/7/2011-31/8/2011:
Practical training: Plant Breeding and Agricultural Experimentation Laboratory, A.U.A.
5/7/2010-31/7/2010 and 8/8/2010-20/8/2010:
Practical training: Benaki Phytopathological Institute, B.P.I. Department: “Laboratory of Chemical control of pesticides”
2015-2016: Voluntary work in programs at the Laboratory for Plant Breeding and Agricultural Experimentation, A.U.A.
5. Asimakopoulou, G., Karnaouri, A., Staikos, S., Stefanidis, S.D., Kalogiannis, K.G., Lappas, A.A. and Topakas, E., (2021). Production of Omega-3 Fatty Acids from the Microalga Crypthecodinium cohnii by Utilizing Both Pentose and Hexose Sugars from Agricultural Residues. Fermentation, 7(4), p.219; doi.org/10.3390/fermentation7040219
4. Karnaouri A., Asimakopoulou G., Kalogiannis K.G., Lappas A.A., Topakas* E. (2021). Efficient production of nutraceuticals and lactic acid from lignocellulosic biomass by combining organosolv fractionation with enzymatic/fermentative routes. Bioresource Technology, 341, 125846; doi: 10.1016/j.biortech.2021.125846.
3. Karnaouri A., Asimakopoulou G., Kalogiannis K.G., Lappas A., Topakas* E. (2020). Efficient D-lactic acid production by Lactobacillus delbrueckii subsp. bulgaricus through conversion of organosolv pretreated lignocellulosic biomass. Biomass and Bioenergy, 140, 105672; doi:10.1016/j.biombioe.2020.105672
2. Kalogiannis K.G., Karnaouri A., Michailof C., Tzika A.M., Asimakopoulou G., Topakas E., Lappas A.A. (2020). OxiOrganosolv: a novel acid free oxidative organosolv fractionation for lignocellulose fine sugar streams. Bioresource Technology, 313, 123599; doi: 10.1016/j.biortech.2020.123599
1. Tani E., Sarri E., Goufa M., Asimakopoulou G., Psychogiou M., Bingham E., Skaracis G. and Abraham E. (2018). Seedling Growth and Transcriptional Responses to Salt Shock and Stress in Medicago sativa L., Medicago arborea L., and Their Hybrid (Alborea), Agronomy
1. Isolation of nucleic acids (DNA, RNA) / Gene expression assay
2. Electrophoresis of nucleic acids
3. Polymerase Chain Reaction (PCR)
4. Tissue Culture Techniques / Transient Plant Transformation
5. Techniques for producing transgenic plants (A. tumefaciens / A. rhizogenes)
6. Use of UPOV standards to identify and validate varieties
7. Field work estimates
8. High Performance Liquid Chromatography (HPLC)
9. Thermo Scientific Dionex ion chromatography (IC) system
Copyright ® 2016. designed by ck & et