Diploma, Chemical Engineering, NTUA, Greece, 1996
PhD, Chemical Engineering, NTUA, Greece, 2003
- Parallel algorithms for computational mechanics.
- Non-linear analysis (bifurcation, stability).
- Iterative methods for large scale linear equation systems and eigenvalue problems.
- A. N. Spyropoulos, J. A. Palyvos and A. G. Boudouvis "Bifurcation detection with the (un)preconditioned GMRES(m)." Computer Methods in Applied Mechanics and Engineering, 193, 4707 (2004). [link]
- A. N. Spyropoulos, A. G. Papathanasiou, J. A. Palyvos and A. G. Boudouvis "FE-BUI - Finite Element Beowulf User Interface: A homemade package for automated parallel finite element computations" In Proceedings of the 5th GRACM International Congress on Computational Mechanics, pp. 721-727, G. Georgiou, P. Papanastasiou, M. Papadrakakis, Eds., Limassol, Cyprus, 29 June - 1 July 2005 (Kantzilaris publications, Nicosia, Cyprus, 2005)
- G. Pashos, M. E. Kavousanakis, A. N. Spyropoulos, J. A. Palyvos and A. G. Boudouvis "Simultaneous solution of large-scale linear systems and eigenvalue problems with a parallel GMRES method." Journal of Computational and Applied Mathematics 227, 196 (2009). [link]
- C. Gollwitzer, A. N. Spyropoulos, A. G. Papathanasiou, A. G. Boudouvis and R. Richter "The normal field instability under side-wall effects: Comparison of experiments and computations." New Journal of Physics 11, 053016 (2009). [link]
- G. Pashos, E. D. Koronaki, A. N. Spyropoulos and A. G. Boudouvis "Accelerating an inexact Newton/GMRES scheme by subspace decomposition." Applied Numerical Mathematics 60, 397 (2010). [link]
- V. Krokos, G. Pashos, A. N. Spyropoulos, G. Kokkoris, A. G. Papathanasiou and A. G. Boudouvis "Optimization of patterned surfaces for improved superhydrophobicity through cost-effective large-scale computations." Langmuir, 35, 6793 (2019). [link]
- A. N. Spyropoulos, A. G. Papathanasiou and A. G. Boudouvis "The 2-3-4 spike competition in the Rosensweig instability." Journal of Fluid Mechanics, 870, 389 (2019). [link]